Adion Systems is in the business of helping companies and the people who run them reach their highest potential. We create and evolve robust Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem (DME) software by combining and translating our own diverse experience with industry specific tribal knowledge in order to optimize manufacturing processes for our customers. We are looking for excellent problem solvers and communicators who love a challenge to join our rapidly growing company. Check out our website: https://www.proshoperp.com/
We believe that a great environment is a crucial part of doing great work. With flexible hours, and working remotely for now, we want team members to find the balance that’s right for them so they can produce their best work, feeling engaged with their roles, colleagues and our overall goals. We aren’t just about making money, we’re also about deeply engaging with our customers to really help them do what they do. We have a philosophy that we’re in this together, and we look for folks who are smart, kind, and motivated by a genuine desire to help each other and our customers.
We’re looking for someone to help define the vision and manage the overall process of incrementally improving the look and user
experience of our software, based on expertise and stakeholder feedback. Your role will be to solicit, collect and integrate feedback from
key stakeholders into cohesive designs and plans for the Dev team to build, validate and iterate with the overall goal of improving the
fluidity of the user experience.
● Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps, cycle through revisions with input from stakeholders,
ultimately delivering a plan for the Dev team to build.
● Review the information architecture, define the key user flows and goals and ensure that they align with business objectives.
● Create a consistent design system that applies to behaviours, interactions, colours, UI styling, terminology and can be easily
adjusted allowing for fast product iteration and improvements, in addition to an improved user experience.
● Set a clear hierarchy throughout the layouts and navigation to facilitate ease of interactions.
● Plan and carry out incremental improvements, avoiding sudden changes that will interrupt the development progress, and/or jar
● Active listening skills, ability to influence, clarify, and accurately understand and communicate
● Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
● Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the product will function and look
● Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
● Identify and troubleshoot user experience problems (e.g. responsiveness)
● Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
● Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
● Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
● Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
● BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent
Salary Range: Our intention is to exceed industry standards based on role, skills and experience.
Location: Like most companies, our employees are currently working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic, however, we’re looking
for someone in Vancouver, BC.
● Extended health benefits
● Retirement benefits
● Flexible Work Hours (Core hours with remote or off hour options)
● Compensation and benefits commensurate with experience and skills
● Dynamic, supportive and high achieving team
If you’re interested, so are we!
Please send your cover letter and resume (or a 2-3 minute video application) to Adrienne at email@example.com. Thank you for applying; I will respond to qualified candidates as soon as possible!
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.