Adion Systems is in the business of helping companies and the people who run them reach their highest potential. We do it through deep engagement with our customers, both on the shop floor and in the office. Partnering decades of shop experience with the latest thinking in information technology, our goal is to provide innovative software and hardware solutions to age-old problems. We are looking for excellent problem solvers and communicators who love a challenge to join our rapidly growing company.
We believe that a great environment is a crucial part of doing great work. With flexible hours and telecommuting possibilities, we want team members to find the balance that’s right for them so they can produce their best work while staying motivated and engaged with both the work and the team.
We are looking for a full time team member to work on the entire software and hardware infrastructure of the company. Responsibilities will include the creation and management of local virtual machines, and cloud virtual machines on AWS. You will also be responsible for maintaining and building our company IT infrastructure including document and source code repositories as well as custom software deployments. Opportunities are available to grow into a team leadership role.
- Manage Internal Network and Server Infrastructure
- Oversee deployment of Windows as well as some Linux Virtual Machines
- Understand and implement automation tools
- Configure, Maintain and Improve Data Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Expand and maintain AWS instances as new clients come on board
- Installation and maintenance of databases
- Create and document robust and scalable IT infrastructure for the company to grow on
- Evaluate and deploy security updates for software and operating systems
- Maintain and enhance network security to protect company and customer data
Skills And Qualifications
- Detailed knowledge of Windows Hyper-V Server
- Detailed knowledge of Amazon Web Services (EC2)
- Solid Linux and Windows OS configuration and management
- Solid Windows GPO configuration and management
- Good working knowledge of major databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch a plus)
- Understanding of concepts of sharding and clustering
- Basic understanding of container systems such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Basic understanding of scripting languages like Python and AWK
- Understanding of Git source repository management a plus
- Software Deployment Pipeline experience
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical team members and clients
- Client facing communication skills
Salary Range: Our intention is to exceed industry standards based on role, skills and experience.
Extended health benefits
Flexible Work Hours (Core hours with remote or off hour options)
Compensation and benefits commensurate with experience and skills
Dynamic and high achieving team in a great location
What Do Development Operations (DevOps) Engineers Do?
Development operations (DevOps) engineers typically work full-time in a company’s headquarters and are responsible for the production and ongoing maintenance of a website platform. They also manage cloud infrastructure and system administration and work with teams to identify and repair issues on an as-needed basis, so strong communication skills are important in this position. They are generally expected to work well under pressure with tight deadlines for certain tasks, and a proactive demeanor and friendly disposition are also helpful.
DevOps engineers may work with junior and senior engineers, project managers, and executives, as well as administrative assistants, executive assistants, and a receptionist. Hours can be flexible, though they typically work during regular weekly business hours, and they are not usually responsible for customer/client interaction or supervising junior employees.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field is generally required for this position, and many employers prefer those who have a master’s degree and at least three to five years of work experience in the field, including experience with at least two of the following: CSS, HTTP, SSL, HTML, XML, Java, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DNS, NoSQL technologies, and web app development.