Front End Developer Job Description
The ProShop Mission Statement: We deliver powerful manufacturing software by deeply understanding our clients’ challenges in order to meaningfully improve their businesses, and in turn, their communities.
ProShop is a game-changing ERP/MES/QMS software product we call a Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem (DME) specifically for companies in the metalworking and aerospace industry, such as machine shops, fab shops, and other similar businesses. We build this software by combining and translating our own diverse experience with deep industry specific knowledge in order to optimize manufacturing processes for our customers. We are looking for excellent problem solvers and communicators who love a challenge to join our rapidly growing company and further the mission outlined above.
We believe that a great environment is a crucial part of doing great work. With flexible hours, and working remotely, we want team members to find the balance that’s right for them so they can produce their best work, feeling engaged with their roles, colleagues and our overall goals. We aren’t just about making money, we’re also about deeply engaging with our clients to help them take their business to the next level. We have a philosophy that we’re in this together, and we look for folks who are smart, kind, and motivated by a genuine desire to help each other and our customers. Check out our website: www.proshoperp.com
We are looking for a talented Front End Developer to work with a team of designers and developers to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UX/UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Collaborate with colleagues to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven UI experience with demonstrable UI skills and a strong portfolio
- Solid foundation with Git
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- A certificate in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or similar
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Familiarity working with APIs (designing APIs a plus)
- Proficient at debugging front-end systems
- Familiarity with prototyping tools (XD, InVision, Sketch) and proficiency with turning designs into code Ability to present your work and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
Extended Medical Benefits, TFSA/RRSP or 401k Matching, flexible/hybrid work hours (core hours with remote or off hour options), compensation and benefits commensurate with experience and skills, great location near downtown Vancouver when we return to the office (currently we’re still remote)
If you’re interested, so are we! Feel free to reach out to Adrienne at [email protected] with a good description of who you are, what you’ve done, and what your professional passions are. Thanks for taking the time to apply. Assuming there’s a good fit, I’ll respond to you as soon as possible. I look forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or anything else.